Monday 8 April 2013

A bit about ME

I am a 33 year old male living in Auckland, New Zealand. I live in the West of Auckland located near the Waitakere Ranges. I have spent most of my life here. In my 20's I studied at Whitecliffe College of Art and Design - from which I obtained a diploma. From there I studied at Media Design School and also obtained a diploma in 3D Computer Animation. I freelanced for a time doing various 3D/Illustration projects and commissions. I found this was too sporadic getting work so started working at a copy shop/design business. The company restructured and I was made redundant. So I then went on to work at an aquatic pets store in Auckland for which I'm still currently employed at.  I have recently returned to fine art painting after a long hiatus (many years). I have decided to have another crack at it. I felt something was lacking in my life after not creating art for so many years. In the interim I did occasionally draw and paint but developed an interest in miniature painting. In 2012 I took brush to canvas and started painting again. In the next few days I will be uploading some work that I have done from that time up till the present day. As I'm constantly learning new techniques and styles and trying new ideas. What might follow will probably appear a hodge-podge of ideas. Please bear with me as Im still working through my process and finding out what direction to take with my art.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment